OKRs can help you focus on goals that matter
Achieve business growth
OKRs drive action
- Make your teams more agile and ready for change
- Empower your employees to adopt and deliver stretch goals
- Achieve your corporate goals with cross-functional alignment
- Deliver great customer value with improved quality
OKRs are easy to adopt
OKR LifeCycle runs for a quarter and has 4 simple steps: Plan-Execute-Engage-Learn (PEEL)
- Plan your OKRs
- Execute your OKRs
- Engage your employees
- Learn from your successes and failures
OKRs drive efficiency
You can track daily management activities with control KPIs requiring daily check-ins Some examples of activities that require daily tracking are:
- Make 100 outbound calls
- Generate at least 5 Sales demo leads
- Test at least 25 samples everyday
To help you easily understand and create OKRs on your own, we have showcased a few OKR examples here. OKRs can defined for various levels- The first one is an example of a corporate level OKR and the next one is at the Department level (in this case for sales Department)
Improve Brand Engagement35%
Increase number of visitors from 20K to 60K20K 60k 34K
Increase number of Customer success stories from 0 to 50 5 1
Ensure Brand Consistency0% 100% 50%40 60
Increase Annual Recurring Revenue46%
Increase Account renewals from 75% to 90%75% 90% 85%
Increase Lead Conversion from 20% to 40%20% 40% 28%
Revamp Customer Acquisition Process0% 100% 25%40 60
Staying focused on our customers through our customer success efforts is the core theme running across profit.co. Capterra (from gartner) has recognized Profit.co with a rare 100/100 score for our Customer Support
Why is everyone talking about OKRs?
- A simple framework to achieve goals with a focus on what matters most.
- A cultural artifact to ensure employees make measurable contributions that are aligned with corporate objectives.
- An impact-driven practice to translate the company’s mission into meaningful, functional objectives.
“Springboard Your OKR Tracking to the
Profit offers solutions to many of our previous pain points and helps us increase visibility to our most important objectives across the entire team. Now we can really drive improvements and align our efforts across the organization.
David M, Operations manager,
CoStar Real Estate Manager
Define OKRs for every level of your Organization
- OKRs are defined first at the Corporate Level and then cascaded down to Department and (Cross-Functional) Team levels. Most organizations choose not to set Individual OKRs.
- Aligning the Department and team level OKRs with the Corporate OKRs is a fundamental principle of any OKR implementation.
- Alignment can happen either Top-Down or Bottom-up providing an option to empower employees.
Execute your OKRs with the Progress, Plans, and Problems (PPP) methodology
Two of the most important activities during the execution of OKR methodology are check-ins and reviews that happen every week using the PPP framework.
Your PPP report will have
- Progress (what has been done) made during the past period
- Plans (what will be done) for the next period, and
- Problems (what are the roadblocks) foreseen by each employee/team
Don’t make the mistake of tracking OKRs on Spreadsheets
Very soon you will realize it is hard to scale your OKR program using spreadsheets. OKRs are built to increase your team’s performance. With spreadsheets, you will spend more time trying to track your OKRs than driving progress through OKRs.
Get Profit.co to help you.
“Top business grade for a OKR SaaS Platform”
It provides an instant view of priorities, tasks, relationships, and outcomes, thus enabling businesses to keep a 24 X 7 hands on the development of the business.
Robert J, CEO