What is the use of Objective Status Propagation ?
Profit.co provides an option to enable/disable Objective Status Propagation which will decide the progress value of the objective based on the status that you enable.
Why this Feature ?
By using this feature we can restrict the calculation of the Key Result when we give a specific status. Also by using this feature the Objective Progress color code will change.
Go to Settings → OKRs → Statuses.
You will be seeing the Objective Status Propagation with a separate toggle in Statuses option.
1. If the status is Completed, the status of the objective will be highlighted in .
2. If the status is At Risk, the objective will be highlighted in .
3. If the status is In Trouble, the objective will be highlighted in .
4. If the status is On Track, the objective will be highlighted in .
For instance, let’s consider an Objective which has three Key results.
Here the status of the Key Result is given below according to the color codes,
- 1st Key Result → At Risk
- 2nd Key result → In Trouble
- 3rd Key result → On Track
The Objective progress colour code is showing in yellow color. So it’s in the status of At Risk.
For instance, let’s disable the Objective Status Propagation toggle for the status On Track.
Let’s check-in for the same OKR.
The Objective progress colour code is showing in red color. So it’s in the status of In Trouble.
This is because the 3rd Key Result which is in the Status of On Track has not been taken in account for progress.
Also, To know the process of OKR status, click here.