OKRs are the most prominent strategizing goal-setting tool that allows organizations to align goals and tasks to encourage the employees to work collaboratively by monitoring and appreciating
the performance of each other. In order to maintain transparency among organizations, Profit.co allows OKR visibility at an organization level.
At the OKR level an Organization’s commitment to OKRs must be public and visible. As John Doerr said, “Transparency seeds collaboration”, OKRs within an organization must be accessible to all employees.
However, there are scenarios where the framework can be more useful in private mode, and during such times the visibility of selected OKRs can be restricted.
- All Employees – Everyone in the company can see this OKR
- My Management – Only my management can see this OKR
- My Directs – Only employees directly reporting to me can see this OKR
- My Team – Everyone in my organization, either directly or indirectly reporting to me can see this OKR
- Only Myself – These are also called personal OKRs. They don’t count towards the profit score calculations.
You generally want your OKRs to be visible company-wide in the interest of complete transparency. There are certainly reasons to restrict some OKRs to a narrower level of visibility and you decide that based on your circumstances.
Using Step-by-Step wizard:
When you create an objective using a step-by-step wizard, you will find visibility options in the third step.
When using the form to create an objective, you will see visibility dropdown.
Note: When you use the ‘quick create’ option, the visibility is set to ‘All Employees’ by default. You can change it by clicking on the edit icon.