What is a Matrix Manager Assessment?
Profit.co provides an option for the Matrix Managers to evaluate the performance of employees through Performance Reviews.
Why this Feature?
- Similarly to managers, Matrix Managers can also review individuals’ performance in the organization.
- They can provide ratings/comments on the Questions, Competencies, Goals, and OKRs based on the configuration.
- Matrix Managers can view the Self and Peer Assessments while performing their matrix manager assessment.
In the Edit Review Template page, select the Review Process tab to enable the Matrix Manager Assessment toggle and click on the icon to Edit.
In the Matrix Manager Assessment Options panel, you can customize the matrix manager assessments by enabling the toggles for performance review assessments based on your organizational needs.
For instance, Let’s enable the following toggles:
- Matrix manager assessment cannot be submitted until all peer assessments are submitted
- Allow Matrix manager to provide overall rating
- Matrix Manager can provide rating only for Matrix Manager's OKRs and,
- Matrix Manager can provide rating only for Matrix Manager's Goal.
Users can customize Performance Review Assessment Includes, Manager Nomination, and Who can view matrix manager assessment options according to their organizational needs.
Note: Since the first toggle is enabled, the managers and peers cannot submit their assessment until all the matrix managers involved in the review process submit their assessment.
In the Reviews page, select the Summary Info tab and enable the Matrix Manager Overall Rating toggle.
To add a Matrix Manager to an initiated review, navigate to Performance → HR Administration → Performance Reviews from the left navigation panel.
In the Performance Reviews page, select a review you wish to add matrix manager assessment to an employee.
In the HR Dashboard, click on the icon to Add Matrix Manager. Select employees from the drop-down menu and click on Add.
Once the Matrix manager completes the assessment, they can Submit the review.
Note: The Matrix manager can view the Self, Peer Assessment while doing the Matrix Manager assessment. Also, they can view the Goals and OKRs if they are included in the Performance Review.
The Matrix Manager’s Overall Ratings will be displayed in the Review Summary Information as shown below.
Related Answer Post
To learn more about how to fill up a manager assessment, click here.