What is the use of Bell Curve in Profit.co ?
Profit.co provides an option to review the employee's performance based on the bell curve.
Why this Feature?
- The Bell Curve approach is applied in performance appraisals as a way of distinguishing elite performers from average performers, and further, segregating below-par employees from the overall average.
- While calculating the individual Performance Score, Bell Curve helps the HR team review the employee performance with different curves.
Navigate to Settings→ Performance → Dashboard from the left navigation panel select the Bell Curve tab and Enable the toggle for Bell Curve.
To create new templates, click on the + Create Bell Curve Template.
In the Create Template page, Enable the toggle for Distribution.
There will be default distributions with percentages and the Overall Percentage and Bell Curve Distribution.
You can also add a new one or edit the existing Distribution.
You can create a new Calibration Group. The employees in this group have access to change the calibration values.
After setting all navigate to Performance → HR Administration → Performance Reviews from the left navigation panel.
Select the Review which you want to check and select Launch Calibration.
Click on the Bell Curve to view the data, additionally, you can even Export the data in CSV format.
Also, you can view the bell curve for the specific performance review under the Dashboards menu by navigating to Performance → Dashboard, selecting Reviews, and clicking on the Bell Curve tab.
In the Bell Curve, there are three different scores,
- Targeted Distribution - It will show the architecture defined in the bell curve configuration
- Overall Score - It will show the actual score provided by the Manager’s/Secondary reviewer’s
- Calibrated Score - It will show the normalized score by the calibration group members (Employees). This score will be displayed once the calibration process is completed.
Related Answer Post
To know the process of initiating a performance review, click here.